Injury Assessment / Diagnosis
Taping / Bracing
Cycling Analysis / Bike Fitting
COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
Last updated: 2rd of March, 2021
Ben Ward Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy remains open for business. For your health and ours during the COVID-19 Pandemic, a range of policies and procedures have been implemented and will be frequently reviewed as the situation evolves. Please see below for details.
Consultations are currently being conducted in-person, however, online or phone (telehealth) consultations are also available.
In order to protect both you and your physiotherapist, the following infection control procedures will be followed for in-person consultations:
- If any of the following criteria you will be asked to defer your appointment (no cancellation fees will apply under these circumstances):
- if you are currently unwell, even if only mild symptoms – this includes symptoms such as fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, cough, sneezing etc.
- if you have travelled internationally or to a COVID-19 hotspot within the previous 14 days
- have had contact with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case within the previous 14 days
- if you are under any direction to self-isolate
- if your physiotherapist becomes unwell or meets any of the other criteria
- You will be asked to thoroughly wash your hands (at least 30secs) with soap upon arrival plus as required during the consultation, and by attending you agree to follow any reasonable direction to do this. Your physiotherapist will also wash his hands in the same manner between each patient and as necessary throughout your consultation.
- Should there be a need to touch you during a consultation as part of assessment or treatment then your physiotherapist may wear disposable gloves (non-latex). See section below relating to physical assessment and manual therapy for more detail.
- All surfaces and objects that come into contact with patients will be disinfected between each patient. A gap between bookings will be maintained to enable this to be done effectively.
- The number of persons within the clinic at any point in time will be restricted to 1 per 4sqm of floor area. Note that as only one patient is seen at a time and that the clinic is run by a sole operator, this requirement will be more than adequately complied with. Should you bring another person with you that you wish to be present during your consultation then we ask that they abide by physical distancing of at least 1.5m.
- At least 1.5m of physical distancing will be maintained at all times except where close proximity is necessary and unavoidable to provide care.
Should at any time Queensland Health mandate additional or more stringent restrictions or requirements then these will be complied with for as long as such measures are advised to remain in place.
The operator has also undertaken online infection control training by the Department of Health.
To request an online/phone consultation you may do this via our online booking system Halaxy* (preferred) or by contacting us directly via our contact form or phone.
* If you already have a Halaxy (formerly HealthKit) account then please log in and make the booking request from there.